Now it’s easier than ever to connect and use an external Radeon™ graphics card. With AMD XConnect™ technology, external GPU enclosures configured with Radeon™ graphics can easily connect and disconnect to a compatible ultrathin notebook or 2-in-1 over Thunderbolt™ 31 at any time, just like a USB flash drive—a first for external GPUs!
External GPUs Done Right
Portability meets performance with AMD XConnect™ technology.1
- Serious framerates: Get the performance of a gaming PC on the go.
- Easy to use: Great gaming on the go doesn’t have to be complicated thanks to AMD XConnect™ technology.
- Easy to carry: Performance and portability on your terms — take powerful graphics when you need them, or leave them behind when you don’t.
- Game bigger: When your high-resolution screen isn’t enough, put your games on the big screen with support for external displays up to 4K resolution.
- Work smarter: Take it to the next level at your desk with all the comfort and capability of a desktop PC on your notebook with support for multiple monitors, additional peripherals and more.
- Keep playing: Gamers know that most gaming notebooks can never be upgraded, but with AMD XConnect™, Radeon™ graphics can be upgraded at any time to keep you in the game in the future.2
For supported Radeon GPUs, for compatible Thunderbolt™ 3 systems and eGFX enclosures, and for system requirement information, check out the bottom of this page.